Q: Oil leaking from engine (not enough to leave driveway spots but still a leak) white/grayish smoke on startup only. No smoke while

not sure where the oil leak is coming from. The car only smokes after it's sat for a little bit after a long drive. I start the car and about 30 seconds later smoke is coming out of the tailpipe. Stops after about two minutes. No smoke while driving. No coolant leaking and no coolant mixed with oil so I'm not thinking head gasket. Car is a Subaru Impreza 2.5i (2.5i isn't listed as an option in the car section)

External leaks could be from any of the oil seals on your engine and the cost to repair would depend on exactly where the leaks are located and how many seals need to be replaced. Certain seals are inaccessible unless the engine is removed, notably the rear crankshaft seal. Of course, as many leaks as possible should be repaired because leaking oil can damage external engine components such as rubber motor mounts. Oil leaking into the combustion chamber that is visible as smoke in the exhaust on start-up is typically due to failing valve stem oil seals. Those seals are replaceable. If you want the sources of the oil leaks identified and the repair estimated, simply request an oil leak diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Oil leaking from engine (not enough to leave driveway spots but still a leak) white/grayish smoke on startup only. No smoke while