Q: Need to know if I should replace my turbo or not

asked by on October 11, 2016

As I was driving home my check engine light came on, so I took it to my local auto parts store to get it coded and it gave me the code and read turbo/supercharger, but unfortunately I didn't write down the code it gave me.

Hi, thanks for writing in. The turbo system is comprised of several different components. Without knowing the exact trouble code, it would be hard to guess at what is going on. There could be a bad sensor, a leaking intake connection, or any number of other possible malfunctions. It would be best to take the vehicle to a certified repair facility for diagnosis. A trouble code only gives the mechanic a place to start to look for a problem. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose the check engine light for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.