After a flat tire I changed to my spare and while driving...

Q: After a flat tire I changed to my spare and while driving home both the abs and brake light came on

asked by on July 27, 2017

After changing a flat on my right front tire I put my spare on, while driving it home my abs and brake light came on. Is this something I can fix on my own?

Hi there. This is typically due to the spare tire being installed and the brake system sensors not aligned due to the different size wheel and tire combo. I’d recommend getting the tire replaced or repaired, correctly installed and having a professional mechanic reset the codes to see if this clears up issues. If the lights come back, it’s possible that something was damaged when the tire went flat and needs to be repaired or replaced.