Q: I am missing one lug nut 4 out of 5

I was told the thread wa damaged so I have to change it, and the mechanic told I could to replace the lug with brakes because the threads are in the rotor so instead of doing two job just do one

A: The threads are not in the rotor itself, th...

The threads are not in the rotor itself, the threads are in the hub that the rotor rides on. But you’re right that you can do the job more efficiently when you work on the brakes. The rotor has to come off in order to replace the hub. However, I don’t recommend driving any length of time with a missing lug bolt as it can put unwanted stresses on the alloy wheel. If your car has never had brakes, at 55 thousand miles, it very likely needs them. If you contact YourMechanic they can send a technician to your home to check out the brakes and help you decide what to do next and when.