Q: Cruise control quit working on 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII

The cruise control doesn't work anymore. I had the fuses checked and it all looks fine. There was some corrosion on the electrodes, but I had it scraped off. The light for the cruise control doesn't work either. I tried to troubleshoot this and read some stuff about this model's cruise control but I cannot fix it. Do you have some advice on how to fix this?

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII. There is a recall for the cruise control malfunction of your vehicle. The Recall is number 69179. The recall seems to point to a faulty cruise control module. Give a call to your local Lincoln dealer to see if you can have this resolved. If you would rather have an independent technician take a look, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to you to diagnose the cruise control light issue.

3. Cruise control quit working on 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII