ABS light on, 2002 Isuzu Trooper trooper isuzu 2002 v6-3.5l

Q: ABS light on, 2002 Isuzu Trooper

asked by on June 26, 2017

The ABS light is on steadily, not the check engine light. I took my car to a shop and the mechanic took his $6,000 scanner and plugged it in. His scanner listed every car that you can imagine, EXCEPT MINE!!! Now, how does this happen, what type of scanner does my car require? Let me say, I bought this car in Puerto Rico and it was shipped straight from Japan. The vin number is JACDS58X627J00302, WTF? What should I do? How can such an expensive device (I saw it) not include my vehicle? Should I try a different shop?

Hi there. Most professional digital scanners are made with software that allows use for the country of origin of a vehicle as to where it’s registered. Puerto Rico vehicle’s can be tricky to download the data, but it’s not impossible. In fact, it’s a simple software update that the digital scanner has to undergo in order for the scanner to communicate with the ECU. However, it is possible that there is something going on beyond the ’language barrier’. In some cases, the ECU itself will have difficulty connecting with any device. In regards to the ABS light, it’s likely that you have either a damaged ABS sensor, or the control module is the root source of this problem. The module is the more likely source of the problem. If you live in one of our service areas, why not let the shop come to you? We have mobile mechanics that can complete the ABS light inspection at your location. Simply click this link to request an estimate and set up an appointment.