Q: I have a 1999 chevy silverado 1500 ls v8 5.3 liter what is my amperage on my altinator?

Im needing to know what amp my altinator is so that I can find out what size serpentine belt I need.

If you still have the original alternator installed, look at the numbers on the alternator. If you see a "K68" label (or part number 321-2104) you have a 105 amp alternator. If you see a "KG8" designation (or part number 321-2122) you have the 130 amp alternator. You can also measure the old belt circumference. If the belt circumference is 93.66 inches, that goes with the 130 amp alternator. If the belt is 92.98 inches, that belt is for the 105 amp alternator.

If you desire that the belt be procured and installed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request serpentine belt installation and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 1999 chevy silverado 1500 ls v8 5.3 liter what is my amperage on my altinator?