Q: Clutch sticking to floor

My clutch suddenly just sticks to the floor when I press it to try to switch gears in my manual transmission. The old clutch fluid was extremely dirty when I checked it, and I've tried flushing the old fluid and replacing it with new fluid. I did this twice already just to try to get as much of the old dirty fluid out as possible. It seemed to help at first, but the clutch soon began to feel loose and stick to the floor again. I think the master and slave cylinder might need replacing. But I've also read it could be internal/external seals going bad and letting the clutch fluid get into places it shouldn't get into, thus losing pressure for the clutch.

It does sound like you have a hydraulic problem. First, I would check for external leaks. If none are found, the problem could be air in the system. This could be the result of not bleeding the system properly after flushing the old fluid. In this case, the next step would be to bleed the system of air. If after this, the release bearing still does not move when the clutch pedal is depressed, there is an internal sealing problem and the master/slave cylinder must be replaced. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose your clutch issue to let you know what repairs are necessary.

3. Clutch sticking to floor