Q: fan for ac/heat doesnt turn on unless i hit a pot hole

My AC and heater wont turn on unless i hit a pot hole at about 40 miles an hour. The fan doesn't turn on either so i believe its an electrical problem. I was wondering if theres anyway for me to check this my self.

A: The vehicle is equipped with fuses and rela...

The vehicle is equipped with fuses and relays to control any of the electrical circuits. To my understanding, you are referring to the control assembly where you activate the heat and air conditioning. The owner’s manual will point out where the fuse and relay locations are and you can inspect them for damage for loose connections.

If the climate control is not working and activates when you tamper with these devices, there is a chance the circuit protection is at fault for the fuses or relays. If you want to have this checked, our expert mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC issue and determine what needs to be repaired.