Q: The car loses power, gauge shows engine overheating

Hi. The light and gauge have recently been showing that my car is overheated. When that happened, I checked the hood and it was cold. The engine was running normally as well. I thought it might be an issue with a sensor or something. But, I drove one day on the highway and the car seemed to lose power and responed to the gas with delay, as if some cylinders had been shut off. What could be the cause of this? Thank you in advance.

You should have the cooling system checked for overheating. These engines are known for having leaking cylinder heads, intake manifolds, and water pump problems. Most mechanics can check to see what is the cooling system problem and diagnose it for you. Do not try driving with this as major engine damage may happen if it is overheating. You may have already done some damage if you were getting misfires and loss of power. To remedy this, I would have a certified technician inspect your engine’s loss of power to diagnose what the problem may be.

3. The car loses power, gauge shows engine overheating