Q: I replaced solenoid and and sensor in my transmission still won't shift properly 1997 Dodge RAM 1500

Truck won't shift gears I've replaced solnoid and sensor and changed filter and fluid

Hi - the lack of up-shifting in your transmission could be an internal speed sensor, or line pressure failing to engage higher gear clutch packs. With your higher mileage, this is difficult to tell without real diagnostic testing. Check for problem codes that might be helpful, whether the Check Engine is illuminated or not. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• I replaced solenoid and and sensor in my transmission still won't shift properly 1997 Dodge RAM 1500