Q: Dash lights show doors open and trunk only opens with key button

The lights on my dashboard are showing that the doors are open, when they aren’t. Plus, the trunk opens only with the key button. The light in the trunk isn’t working either. What will fix these problems?

Sounds like the rear electronic control module (ECM) is failing. This prevents the determination if the rear doors are closed, and also controls all of the trunk electronics. You can try a used ECM, but the hardware number and the donor vehicle’s options need to the same as yours. Otherwise you will have to get yours coded at the dealer.

3. Dash lights show doors open and trunk only opens with key button