Q: Losing gas when my car is going up a hill

about every time I go up a hill or park on a hill I lose about half my gas in tank

In many cases, the issue you’re describing is caused by either a small crack in the fuel cell, fuel lines connections, or a damaged fuel line itself. If the issue is towards the rear of the vehicle, and severe enough, the tank will drain more fuel as opposed to when the vehicle is straight or driving downhill. Leaking fuel is a dangerous situation and should not be ignored. The best bet is for you to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can complete a fuel tank inspection for you. Once they complete this, they’ll be able to determine the source of the leak and recommended and make repairs.

3. Losing gas when my car is going up a hill