Q: A bad knocking noise on my left front wheel especially when driving on a bumpy road or when turning either left of right. 2008 VW Golf

The Noise is like something is knocking somewhere, it happens especially when am driving on a bumpy road or when am turning the car either left or right. have tried to check the suspension but failed since am not vested with car mechanics. Please help

Hi there - the suspension noise you describe could be either a broken front strut, or strut bearing plate. You are likely also experiencing a bit of loose motion in the steering as well. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• A bad knocking noise on my left front wheel especially when driving on a bumpy road or when turning either left of right. 2008 VW Golf