Q: Suspension noise

The suspension on the front right side of my car makes a noise, but this only happens after I've been driving for about two hours on the freeway. When the road undulates, the suspension makes a groaning/wheezing sound as the car bounces softly up and down. I don't see any oil leaking from the struts, and the car seems to pass the bounce test. There isn't any play in the wheel, and I don't hear any noises when turning the car. This only happens at highway speeds after driving for a couple hours, and it usually goes away after about 30 minutes for the remainder of the trip.

The noise is coming from the struts in the front. The noise comes and goes since the fluid inside the strut is warming up from the highway drive than as it cools the noise subsides. This may be a normal for your struts and the only way to get rid of the noise is to replace the struts. The noise may or may not happen with the new strut. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle out for you.