Q: I have 92 Toyota Camry. Oily smoke comes from the back of the engine bay

asked by on June 11, 2017

The exhaust pipe in back behind emgine it had bank1 o2 sensor connected to it so I would let the car idle for 3 mins and its like smoke would come from that pipe and where it connects to the flex pipe

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $101.41 - $1170.97 Get a Quote

you probably have an oil leak at the valve cover gasket that is dripping on the hot exhaust pipe. When the pipe gets hot enough to boil the oil it makes a nasty smelling smoke. You should have it corrected as soon as possible. Oil leaks don’t usually catch fire, but they can and when they do they can be difficult to extinguish. Contact You Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your oil leak and fix it right there on the spot.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr