I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The gear shaft is in park...

Q: I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The gear shaft is in park but the dash shows it in Drive. The car will not start now. The red ligh

asked by on July 05, 2017

have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The gear shaft is in park but the dash shows it in Drive. The car will not start now. The red lightning bolt signal is on also.

The engine might not start because the neutral start safety switch "thinks" the car is in drive. There is a problem with the selector, the switch and/or the shift/gear selector cable adjustment. To figure out which of the three, the required diagnostic is a shift indicator inspection. The lightning bolt warning light means that there is a problem with the electronic throttle control system on the engine. The electronic throttle control system can be inspected, and reset as needed, if you request a warning light diagnostic - throttle control. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.