Q: Car will not rev or accelerate in Drive.

I replaced my battery 2 weeks ago and since then it has felt as if my transmission is slipping, yesterday I put my car in drive and engine would not rev or accelerate, the car just moved as if it was idling as well as the service engine light coming on. I put it in reverse and car reversed normally. This morning I tried again and car drove around my apt parking lot fine but the service engine light is still on so I did not leave my parking lot. I'm not sure if my car has a cvt transmission or not so I'm unsure of what color the transmission fluid should be and I am 5,000 miles since my last oil change which is normally when I change my oil.

Hi there. Your vehicle does have the CVT transmission in it and color varies by brand of CVT fluid used. The maintenance interval for that transmission is 60,000 miles and should be kept regularly to prevent know CVT transmission failures. With the service engine light on, the engine computer has seen a fault that in the system; most likely the throttle system as you had no acceleration. Use a diagnostic scan tool to retrieve the code and begin an inspection/diagnosis from there. I would not replace any parts until the code and cause have been determined. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection and provide an estimate and direction of repair.

3. Car will not rev or accelerate in Drive.