Q: I have a starter/solenoid/starter system failure

Ok i hit my ignition twice before my engine stopped turning over. Knew it was messed up by the sound. I tried it again now to see what it would do. Made a whirring sound like maybe a solenoid. Replaced solenoid had hard time even getting them switched out with the 3 oddball star head pins that needed a special socket which i dont own by the way. Put it on didn't work. Possible problems? Engine doesn't turn over at all but battery is good. Could it be a mix up on wires or assembly or do i have a different or new problem? ?

Hello, the whirring sound is a mechanical failure possibly created from an electrical fault. The starter solenoid controls power to and starter and moves a starter drive assembly into a ring gear (flex Plate). It is two gears that mesh together in the start cycle. Those gears can create a whirring type noise if not mesh properly, wear can cause this, if damaged will not allow engine to rotate. I recommend a certified YourMechanic Technician come to your location to inspect this noise and make repairs.