Q: Code 1349 P

asked by on October 26, 2016

While on the freeway I lost power to 1500 RPM, pulled over and the check-E-light came on so I ran a scan and got P1349 P. I made it home slowly by putting it into manual mode due to "NO" power. Ran the scanner again code called for misfire on #4 with fuel-cut-off so I changed out all the spark-plugs and #4 & #5 coil. Installed all and check all vac-lines, intake for leaks and cleared the check-E -light. Ran it for 5 mins and same code came back still shakes \ misfiring.

Hey there. Try having the compression checked for each cylinder. I have had experiences where this code pops up due to a lack of compression from a burned exhaust valve. Also, are you using the right fuel? Using inferior fuel can cause problems as well like when you use 87 octane in a vehicle that requires 91 or higher. If you need to have the problem taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Check Engine code and pinpoint the appropriate repair.