Q: Alfaromeo giulietta engine fault code P1064

asked by on July 21, 2017

Hello. I have an Alfa-Romeo Giulietta multi-air 170 hp 2011, for couple of months the check engine light is on. The light goes off after few of days and comes back on again after few days. I feel like the acceleration has reduced a bit and for a couple of times the engine was stuttering in around 2000-2500 rpm and when I pushed the accelerator pedal the rpm was not going up like normal. I already went to two Fiat/Alfaromeo authorized repair shops, first one could not detect anything wrong with the engine. The second one, just updated the ECU firmware and told me if the light comes on again it means probably the oil gets blocked in the multi-air and you need to change the whole module (cost 2000 to 3000 euros ). I bought an OBD II connector and checked the error code which is P1064. I would really appreciate if you could help me with this matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The code you’ve listed is an OBD-II trouble code that the sensor has detected a fuel pressure problem. In many cases, it’s due to a blockage of fuel within the primary fuel rail or the return hose. It is also common that the fuel rail pressure sensor is faulty and causing a false reading. When this occurs, it triggers the ECU to make adjustments to the fuel pressure and mixture. It can cause increased engine idle issues as you’ve indicated. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete and engine idle inspection, so they can determine if this is mechanical or electrical glitch.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr