Q: Why does my car not move in reverse 2001 Toyota Avalon

asked by on February 24, 2017

When i shift for revers car does not revers at all.i think its gear selector problem ani how can we fix it and how much it will cost to fix it.But we can drive but we cant reverse it at all

Hello. If the car will work fine in drive and all other gears, but it will not move in reverse then reverse gear has more than likely failed. That is the most common gear to fail first in this transmission. It can also be an adjustment issue or cable issue if it is too loose, but that is not typically the issue. I would start by checking the transmission fluid. If it is dark or smells burnt then the transmission is failing. This is something that should be checked by a transmission specialist.