Q: It's making a loud rattling like noise when I'm shifting out 2012 Chevrolet Cruze

When shifting out it makes this loud rattling like noise once I'm in six speed the noise starts to fade it doesn't make this noise all of the time it just comes and goes. I feel like something is going on with the clutch or transmission but I'm not sure.

Hello - the "rattling noise" you describe could be coming from several components - driven by engine vibration, or by worn bearings in the transmission. Vibration can also cause unrelated components bolted to the engine or chassis itself to rattle. Identifying when the rattle occurs will help diagnose the issue: when the engine is running, whether the car is moving or not, only at higher RPMs, only while shifting gears, only in lower gears(also known as "gear rattle"), etc. I recommend a vehicle noise inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• It's making a loud rattling like noise when I'm shifting out 2012 Chevrolet Cruze