Q: Battery going dead on a 2003 Honda Odyssey

asked by on May 04, 2016

I have an O3 Honda Odyssey and the battery keeps going dead. The battery checks okay but I can't find a drain on the battery. When I jump-start, it starts up with no problem. It seems to be an overnight thing. Could it be some intermediate drain on it?

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Yes, it certainly could be. Of course, the first thing you’d want to do is have any good mechanic check your battery and your alternator. There is a load-test that the mechanic can do; YourMechanic guys can do it and any good mechanic can do it.

Have the battery load-tested and the alternator load-tested. Because simple voltage tests on it are not enough. You really need a good, serious test done to see if there is a problem. Now, if there isn’t a problem in either the battery or in the alternator, then you do have a drain. I have a video out there that’s called "fixing battery drain on your car," so watch that video as it shows you how to test your battery drain to see what’s leaking out and what needs repair.

If it’s beyond you, then get a mechanic to check your battery for you. But there is probably a drain somewhere if the battery and alternator check okay.