Q: Why the dash board pops up with yellow light with engine sign

Thank you. The dash board yellow light pops up with engine sign and stable. While driving the "D" is constantly flashing after driving some distance about 2 miles It was P0843 error code as per OBD reader What are my options to fix it I am opting to check the Transmission fluid level and flush it out and refill the fluid before going to replace any pressure switch or sensor Please advise me Thanking you Lakamsasni

Common causes of trouble code P0843 include a faulty transmission fluid pressure control solenoid, faulty transmission fluid pressure sensor, dirty or contaminated transmission fluid and/or blocked filter, and internal/external transmission line blockages. A simple, harmless attempt at a repair could include simply changing the fluid and replacing the filter. However, there are tests that can be performed on the hardware components and it is not a bad idea to perform those tests first as component replacement, if required in the end, will require draining (and replacing) the fluid anyway. A point is although changing the fluid is harmless, it is best to diagnose the actual cause of the trouble code first. If you desire a diagnostic that will pinpoint the fault, the recommended service is a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.