Q: What does the Brake light on the dash mean in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the Brake light on the dash mean?

Your car is equipped with a number of important warning lights. The Brake light is there to warn you of a potential problem with the brake system. There are a couple of reasons that this light may come on:

• The brake fluid is low

• There is a problem with the brake system

• The emergency brake is on

Tips

• If the Brake light comes on while you’re driving, you should pull over immediately and check for problems. If necessary, have your car towed and inspected.

• A buzzer will sound when the light comes on if you’re driving.

• A buzzer will sound if the parking brake is on and you go 3 MPH or faster.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr