Q: Battery replaced and ABS light on

First, I’ll begin with the problem that started four years ago. The locks started going up and down so we took the car to the mechanic. The problem was stopped by resetting the computer. Now, a new problem has developed. After having a new alternator installed, the battery light still comes on. The auto shop said the battery tested badly and that we needed a new one. That was done at night time and the ABS light came on the Daytime running lights and the dashboard turned off, but the lights stayed on. Then the lights started flickering, so I pulled over and turned the car off. Then tried it again, but it wouldn’t start. Is this an electrical problem, an ignition distributor issue, and/or something else?

The vehicle needs to be inspected and diagnosed for intermittent connection issues at all the computer modules and the connections in between them. Have a mechanic check each pin and socket for any corrosion and pin fitment to make sure the socket is not too big and losing contact. Apply a good anti-corrosion electrical contact lube to the connections to prevent the corrosion from returning. Note that just disconnecting and reconnecting a connector may solve the problem for a short period, but proper cleaning and lubing the connector will last the longest between repairs. I recommend having the ABS Light tested in person so that the proper repairs are made for this issue.

3. Battery replaced and ABS light on