Q: My car is shaking from the passenger side when idle in D mode and the ac turns on

asked by on June 30, 2017

Whenever I have pressed brakes and it is in Driving mode,at that time if I start AC, It starts vibrating. I stops in 5 seconds though. I am not sure whether is it motor mounts or I need to clean my compressor.

A more likely explanation is the engine is not "quickly" responding to the increased load placed on it when the a/c turns on, although apparently the idle does smooth out after a short delay. If the motor mounts were a major cause, you would not likely see the vibration stop. This is probably an engine management, control, or sensor issue and should be diagnosed as a rough idle. If you request that service the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.