Q: My electronic throttle control light is flashing and when I press on the gas pedal it doesn't go pass 20-30 mph and stalling

asked by on December 15, 2016

How do I know which throttle control to change on my car! The mechanic stated I have two but I would love to replace what's needed. Every other day my light flashes. When I stop the press the accelerator it doesn't want to go pass 20-30 miles. I just want to know if I need to replace the pedal or the entire throttle body

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The two sensors work together to track the location of the pedal as its being depressed. One is located on the pedal while one is located on the firewall. It is best to replace both sensors together typically. There is likely an electrical test that can be done on the sensors to find out which one is bad. Again, you can replace one but its best to do both. As far as the throttle warning light, the codes that are pulled when the vehicle was scanned will tell you what the issue is. This is likely how the original technician was able to locate the issue with the position sensor. With the light being on diagnosis is pretty straight forward, and if the code was for the position sensor then they need to be replaced.