Q: rpm's cutting engine power

At a full throttle take off my wheels are smoking and the rpm's shoot up to 5700 in 1st gear. Then it drops down a bit and back to 5700 in 2 nd gear. But in 3rd gear the rpm's build into a 6000 range cutting power to engine for a second until the rpm's drop back into a normal range. Is this normal? This is the first time I did a WOT from stand still on this truck. My truck has 2500 miles on it, and the T/C was off using K & N drop in. This has happened 2 times. What's going on with my truck?

Hello. This is normal for this truck. Due to the design of the control systems and the variable valve timing, the computer will attempt to adjust everything during this type of maneuver. Using an aftermarket computer programmer can make this less intense, but it will still occur.