Q: Low idle and stalling

My vehicle idles low and sometimes shuts down when the AC is on in the front.

A: Hi there. This is a problem that comes up o...

Hi there. This is a problem that comes up often on this engine. It is typically caused by a failing idle control valve or a dirty throttle body. If the throttle body is dirty then that will typically cause the engine to choke for air when at low speeds causing it to stall. I would typically clean the throttle body first to see if it helps. If not then the idle control valve needs to be replaced as the computer is having trouble maintaining the idle speed with it. I would have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle and diagnose your stalling problem and idling issue.