Q: Car turned over, rattled, quit

My car turned over twice, rattled, and then made a loud whirring noise. Now when I try to start it, it sounds like my engine is spinning really fast. Do you think it's the starter?

A: From your description it is possible the ti...

From your description it is possible the timing belt broke. Have a mechanic come and inspect the problem and verify that the timing belt broke. If it did, then the belt can be replaced, but only if the engine is not damaged from valves hitting the piston. This will be determined by the mechanic that diagnoses the problem for you. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can provide this inspection at your home or office.