Q: I have a 2012 Nissan Altima with a push button start that will not start. While depressing my brakes the brake lights do come on.

asked by on December 26, 2017

Car will not start when depressing brakes and pushing push button start. Brake lights do come on when depressing the brakes.

A no start on this vehicle may be caused by more than a few different problems and the first thing to check is to try another key FOB or hold your key FOB on the start button when pressing it to see if maybe the FOB battery is weak and see if it starts. If battery has been disconnected or is low on charge then it may not start also. I would recommend trying a jump start to see if battery is low on charge. If these do not work then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check for other possible problems.