Q: car runs fine at idle but when you accelerate the air turns off and trac light and abs lite comes on.

when the car is at idle it runs fine but when you ace;erate the ac goes off and trac and abs lites come on.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the vehicle is idling fine but having issues accelerating, there may be one of several issues. Considering all of the electronic components seem to be having the most problems, you want to start by checking the alternator and the battery. They can both be tested easily both off the vehicle and while still installed in the vehicle. If they are fine, the drive belt that powers the alternator may be loose or slipping. When the vehicle is accelerating, the car requires more power and the alternator is supposed to supply that power. If it is not, the ABS system will show malfunctions, as well as a lot of other components. You are seeing a warning light for those that are most effected currently, but the problem will likely get worse. If the charging system and drive belt are both okay, you want to look into the air, fuel, and spark delivery to the engine. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. car runs fine at idle but when you accelerate the air turns off and trac light and abs lite comes on.