Q: 2012 Chevy Equinox with 72k miles vs 2006-07 Honda Pilot, Toyota 4runner, or Toyota Highlander with 100k to 150k miles

Hi Joe, I'm debating whether or not to sell my 2012 chevrolet equinox and purchase a cheaper suv (honda pilot, toyota 4runner or h equinix hasn't had any major issues. I bought it brand new and it now has 72000 miles on it. athe suvs I'm looking at have 100k to 150k miles. in your experience, are there major repairs that I should anticipate with those models? the goal is to sell my car at a price which us higher than my replacement vehicle purchase price and use the profit for my personal finance goals. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

Hello. If the vehicles you are look at have been properly maintained then there should be only a few repairs to anticipate. Along with regular oil changes, vehicles of that mileage will likely need brakes, transmission fluid services, and depending on the engine, timing chain or belt services. All of these things could be considered standard services and would likely need to be done at some point as the vehicle is driven into high mileage service. Keep in mind that this would also be the case with your Equinox if you decided to keep it.

• 2012 Chevy Equinox with 72k miles vs 2006-07 Honda Pilot, Toyota 4runner, or Toyota Highlander with 100k to 150k miles