Q: Replacing dim headlight bulbs on a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo

I'm looking to get new headlight bulbs for a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo. The old bulbs are dim. What do you recommend for bulb brightness and long life?

GE makes a whole range and you might check out their options at any good auto-parts store. I know they sell a bunch of different ones. Of course, the brighter they are, the faster they are going to burn out. Halogen bulbs usually last quite some time and they don’t cost much.

I’d stick with halogen bulbs and they do make different brightness that you can buy and stick in them. You don’t want to go to like HID because you need reflectors housing for them. They do use less energy even though they are brighter because they use step transformers but you’ve got to buy step transformers and rewire it and that’s a job.

So just talk to the auto-part store guys in your neighborhood and see what they advise are good ones, if they have good luck with lasting a long time, that are brighter. There are a bunch of companies now that make bulbs that are slightly brighter.

You can also check out suggested headlights from this site. We can pick up the headlight for you and replace the headlights on your car if you would like to sit back at your home while a mobile professional takes care of your car.

3. Replacing dim headlight bulbs on a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo