Q: I have a 2007 mdx and the check emission system light came on while I'm driving but not all the time. What can cause that issue?

Well I haven't really notice any noise or anything besides my car battery at times will go dead but doesn't happen all the time and lately my check emission system light is coming on once in a while my check transmission will come on too

For the transmission, check the fluid to see if it’s low. If the fluid is low, then it will need to be topped off. If the fluid is full and is red in color, then there could be an issue with the transmission to give you a message.

For the emissions system, the message could be coming on for an gross evaporative leak that is leaking on or around the gas tank. Check for any leaks on the gas tank and check the fuel inlet hose to see if the hose is cracked or a clamp is loose.

If you need further assistance with your warning lights being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have a 2007 mdx and the check emission system light came on while I'm driving but not all the time. What can cause that issue?