Q: Dash lights and radio randomly turn on and off

After the dealership replaced the starter in my SUV, the dashboard lights, gauges, and some warning lights started flashing on and off. Can this be fixed?

Hello. This is something that can be fixed. It is possible that when the starter was replaced, something was left loose and as a result, this has caused the lights on your dashboard to flash on and off.

I think the first step would be to take it back to the dealership that completed the original repair, to have them inspect their work. If this is not an option for you, you can also contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, and have your SUV inspected in order to pinpoint the electrical problem, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Dash lights and radio randomly turn on and off