Q: My MMI system keeps shutting off; will only stay on for 20 seconds. when it shuts off all the buttons become red.

it happened after I changed the clock time, back to what it was before daylight savings time; this happened one other time when I was changing the clock time, but it seems to me then that the SETUP button was physically stuck then; I eventually got it unstuck and the problem was solved; this time none of the buttons seems stuck. I can turn the system on with my ON/OFF button, but all I get is the radio on the station I was on at the time I changed the clock; I cannot switch to another station, nor do any of the other buttons respond, except the volume knob

Service Battery/cables $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The Multi Media Interface (MMI) to your vehicle could have an issue with a button internal that is pushed making the system not function properly. Even though the buttons are not pushed, if a button is locked down inside the system, then the system will shut down to prevent any damage. You could try to remove the battery cables to the battery and hook them back up. This will clear the MMI system to default and allow you to reset all the parameters and functions. If you are still having trouble with your MMI system, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.