Q: Noise under my car

When I go over larger bumps or dips in the road, I hear a noise underneath my SUV like something is loose. What would this be? Appreciate your help.

Honda Elements are known for sway bar noises. In many instances, replacing the sway bar bushings, especially in the sway bar, will get rid of clunking noises over bumps. Now this is only one possibility but a common issue.

To verify noises, often chassis ears are employed to monitor various areas suspect under the vehicle to narrow down where the noise may be originating from. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to locate and repair suspension components.