Q: Car starts, but dies

Last week I replaced my battery. After I did that, the car would start and run, but only limp along. Now, when I start it, it only runs for a few seconds and dies. I tried replacing the fuel pump, but it's stil happening. Any idea why my car would start, then just die?

If you read your owners manual there is a special procedure to follow after a battery is disconnected or replaced. It’s needed to relearn the idle and throttle procedure. If the procedure is not done, then it may take a few days of driving with the problem until the computer relearns the procedure. I’d recommend having the vehicle looked at by a certified technician who will be able to diagnose and fix your starting issue accurately.

3. Car starts, but dies