Q: Car leaking power steering fluid

The serpentine belt came off. My car is leaking what I believe to be power steering fluid from the top steering rack onto the belt.

The serpentine belt rides on some pulleys that are smooth. If you do have oil leaking onto it, it is possible for it to slip off. The rack and pinion is located close to the firewall of the vehicle and far away from the belt, so that is probably not the issue. What is close to the belt in most cases is the power steering pump and possibly some hoses. If it is power steering fluid that is in fact leaking, one of these might be the problem. The belt could have also possibly come off due to a problem with one of the pulleys being lose or misaligned. I would suggest seeking the help of a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you correctly locate your your power steering fluid leak and determine if your serpentine belt needs replacement.