Q: What would cause the clutch on an ac compressor to continue to go bad after being replaced three times?

The clutch on the ac compressor continues to go bad. The ac compressor system has been replaced three times. The unit will work for about a week and then go bad. The clutch on the ac compressor will turn and spark fire along with fumes of burning oil. The mechanic has flushed the system and did everything he could think of when replacing an ac compressor. The clutch also went bad on the original compressor (Honda brand) which is why I had it replaced. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

The compressor clutch relay on these vehicles are a known cause of sticking on the compressor clutch and overheating the A/C compressor clutch coil. Replace the A/C relay to see if it cures the clutch going bad the next time you do a compressor clutch replacement, or replace it now if you have just replaced the clutch.

• What would cause the clutch on an ac compressor to continue to go bad after being replaced three times?