Q: 2006 Jeep Liberty passenger door won't open or close and interior light won't go off

The passenger door on driver side will not open or close. The Jeep thinks it is open so the interior lights won't go off. What do you think is wrong with the door and light? How much do you think it would cost to repair?

Hi there. It is quite possible that the door’s locking mechanism has broken or is frozen; which is typically the primary reason why a door won’t open or close. This could be the lock actuator or the lock itself that is damaged, or the lock assembly is broken, so providing an estimate without an inspection to verify why the door won’t open is very difficult to provide. The light staying on may be caused by a door sensor that is also damaged. The best way to have this problem correctly diagnosed is to have a professional mobile mechanic from YourMechanic.com come to your location and complete a door will not open inspection.

3. 2006 Jeep Liberty passenger door won't open or close and interior light won't go off