Q: Hi, I have a 2005 Volkswagen passet that is overheating, I took somewhere and I was told that the motor is blocked up inside so th

I bought a 2005 Volkswagen passet that is overheating, I took it to shop near me and they replace the thermostate and told me that the motor is block causing the coolant not to flow properly.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is a possibility that the cooling passages can become clogged with old coolant, or a "stop-leak" type of product meant to seal leaks in the cooling system. The system completely depends on the flow of coolant through the engine. Without it there is no heat transfer taking place and the engine overheats quickly. Clogs can be cleaned out if they are not serious and can be located. However, you want to make sure you understand how they got to that conclusion. The water pump and the rest of the cooling system should have also been tested. For more help with testing or a second opinion, contact our service department.

3. Hi, I have a 2005 Volkswagen passet that is overheating, I took somewhere and I was told that the motor is blocked up inside so th