Q: Engine overheating, coolant is not circulating.

asked by on November 29, 2016

Do I need to replace my radiator again? It was changed 11 months ago as well as all the hoses that connected to it. I have changed my radiator, thermostat, water pump, and heater core hoses. Now my hose that moves my coolant from my radiator to my engine seems clogged. I've squeezed it and no coolant is going through it and it's making a suction noise as I drive, accompianed by my car overheating. Do you think I could just replace the hose or I have to replace the radiator for the 3rd year in a row?

Hello. If coolant is not flowing through your cooling system I would try to determine if there is some sort of blockage, and where it may be. Draining the cooling system and removing the suspect radiator hose could determine if the hose itself is the source of the problem. If you have had to replace the radiator 3 times in 3 years, then it may be possible that there is an issue occurring that clogs the radiator after a certain period of time, and that the issue may be happening again. If this is the case the radiator may have to be replaced. Also keep in mind that the obstruction may be happening somewhere else, or may even be related to something else, such as the water pump or thermostat. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the cause of your overheating, and coolant flow obstruction.