Q: Could a data read error for the oil pressure and sensor cause Smoke from tail pipes?

Hey Jose yesterday my ford fusion started to billow smoke from the tail pipes. I checked the oil and it was low but not milky so not head gasket I put pure coolant in the reservoir but not a lot and it's still smoking and knocks when it reaches 3Rd gear. My PCM isnt reading right however and says that the oil pressure is high but it isn't could that be the issue and if so how do I reset the computer?

The smoke is unrelated to the issue you describe with the PCM. Some smoke at start up can be normal, particularly white smoke from condensation. However, continuous smoking after the first few minutes signifies a problem with the engine that you should seek to have identified in an engine smoking diagnostic. If the smoke is white that could be from an antifreeze leak due to a cracked cylinder head or engine block or a head gasket failure. If the smoke is blue, that means there is an oil leak into the combustion chambers from the valve guides or the rings. Black smoke occurs if the engine is being flooded with gasoline. Of course, multiple engine faults could occur at the same time causing different appearance of the smoke. At any rate, the thing to do to resolve this is seek a diagnostic so that you can determine what repairs will be required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Could a data read error for the oil pressure and sensor cause Smoke from tail pipes?