Q: Q: Oil light goes off and on.

i turn the ignition on where you will hear the beeping sound and as usual the check engine, engine oil lights turn on and off. after cranking and with engine running, the engine oil light turns on and stays on. i just changed oil/changed filter a few days ago. my jeep pulling power is excellent and idling is smooth as ever. what could be the problem?

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

3. Q: Oil light goes off and on.