Q: Engine Light Blinking on and off, then dissapear

I am describing fully because i know there were so many factors that could have caused it, One- we had a Nor'easter in my area so heave non stop rain. And I did not drive it for a day. This mornings as I started the car, I admit I dont wait very long for warm up but this has always been my practice. As I accelarated in drive I can here some sort of clicking then the engine light was blinking on and off as the car was very rough driving. THen I pulled over. For a little while, turned the car off. Then as I started to drive again, it started again..however after the car started to get warmer and accelarating to highway speeds, the car returned to smooth driving again and the light never came back on. While it this worked out, I want to know if this is something that is serious. I just replaced the radiator last week, where the engine was over heating, and I had to drive it some to get to a mechanic, so I know that could have caused some thing.

Hi there. A check engine light or other warning light is triggered, it is due to an error code being stored in the ECU of your Subaru. The error code can be caused by a sensor recognizing a mechanical or electrical fault in one of multiple components that control the operation of your vehicle. In order to determine why the light comes on; even if it blinks on and off, you’ll need to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light is on inspection.

3. Engine Light Blinking on and off, then dissapear