Q: Car in park shifter will move through gears but wont shift through the gears its stuck in neutral have emergency brake on so it wont roll

Worked fine threw gears parked it when inside store 5mins came back turned car on and shifter moves from P-L but wont shift car into any of the can just move shifter back and forth wont go into gear its stuck in nutual have to hit brake or emerg. Brake or the car will roll do you know what the issue is that car wont go into gear when it had now problems 5 mins before that shifting in gears?

A: From what you've described, it sounds l...

From what you've described, it sounds like the shifter cable came off at the transmission or the shifter. I'd suggest checking the shift linkage on the transmission to see if the cable came off. This is due to the connector end bushing falling apart and not being able to hold the cable on any longer. Some cables have to be replaced as a whole and as with others the bushing can be replaced to fix the cable. I'd suggest contacting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come diagnose your shifting issue and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle. Good luck.